Wednesday 18 September 2013

Conjunctions: Answer

A. Complete the sentences with appropriate conjunctions.

1. I will buy the book because it is not expensive.
2. Wait till it stops raining unless you will get wet.
3. Tina and Jen love animals.
4. I was working late in the night so I was sleepy.
5. I will not help unless he asks me to.
6. I played basketball everyday when I was young.
7. I called her up many times but she did not answer.
8. My mother was very happy because I told her I had won the prize.
9. The weather was awful so we could not go out.
10. She cried because she felt lonely.

B. Complete the sentences using conjunctions from the box.

1. You cannot be a teacher although you have a teaching degree.
2. Although my scooter is old , it still runs well.
3. Do you want a chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
4. The dog heard a sound so it started barking.
5. I would like to attend the concert but not this week.
6. You will be late unless you leave immediately.
7. Tom and Maria were a team for the competition.
8. Let's wait until the rain stops.
9. She began to cry because she was very unhappy.
10. I have been waiting for the show to start since 9 o'clock.

C. Read the sentences and complete them with suitable endings.
1. I want to go to the party but I have so much homework to do.
2. I liked the film because it is very exciting.
3. I saw him when I was walking home.
4. We waited until the rain stopped.
5. You will not success unless you study harder.
6. She was rude to me yet I still love her.
7. Mrs Thomas will die unless he is sent to the hospital now.
8. Do you know when is my birthday.
9. We were tried of her behavior so we don't talk to her.
10. This is an expensive and limited watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment